5. It’s a myth that loose styles flatter a large bust or a plus-size woman. The area just under the bust is a woman’s smallest torso measurement, so emphasizing it with a structured waistband that hits higher than your natural waist will make you look a size smaller.
4. Invest in silk or satin pillowcases to keep your hair from breaking during the night. (They also keep your skin looking smoother than rough cotton cases!)
3. Pile on good accessories—scarves, sunglasses, hats, statement jewelry—to instantly transform even the most basic outfit.
2. If you can’t fit two fingers underneath your bra band comfortably, it’s probably too tight.
1. Hang a shoe bag on the back of your bathroom door and use it to hold makeup, toiletries, brushes, hair ties, etc.
Makeup Tips & Tricks For You!
We all put on makeup (at least some of the time), but is your technique yielding the best possible results? Here are some simple pointers to make sure we’re using everything from concealer to bronzer to mascara right.
- Never put concealer or foundation on your eyelids as a base, it will cause your eye makeup to crease.
- Use your fingers to apply your foundation if you want sheer coverage and a brush if you want a more polished, medium to full coverage look.
- Always apply powder where you are shiniest first, which is usually your T-zone, with a very light dusting everywhere else.
- You should put bronzer on your neck, face and chest to even out your skin tone. Be sure to take a step back and make sure everything is the same color.
- When applying blush, first smile, then start on the apple of the cheek, blend the blush back towards the top of the ear, then down toward the jawline.
- Always apply your brow pencil or powder to the upper portion of the eyebrow to lift your face up.
- You want to make sure your lipstick is not too defined at your cupid’s bow (the top of your lip), and that it goes all the way out to the inner corners of your mouth. Be sure to press down hard on your lipstick as you apply.
- Always start with a base shadow for your eye makeup without any shimmer that matches the lightest skin tone on your face and apply all over your lid up to the brow. You should use this base shadow to make sure the darker shadows used on your lid up to the crease are properly blended.
- For your eyeliner, instead of looking straight ahead at the mirror, get as close to it as possible, stick your head up and bring your chin toward the mirror. You want to look down as you apply, starting at the inner corner and making sure to go all the way out to the fold on the outside of the eye.
- And last but not least, you don’t want to do quick soft motions when you apply mascara. Instead, jam the wand into the root of the lash and do zigzag motions as you go up.
We hope these tips will help with your beauty routine and always remember, unless you’re going on a red carpet, less is always more.
Tagged #acheteurinspired, acheteurelite, beauty, blush, bronzer, concealer, curls, eyeliner, eyeshadow, fashion, foundation, girls, health, jamaica, kingston, lipgloss, love, makeup, makeupfordummies, mascara, melanin, montegobay, ochorios, redcarpet, style, technique, teens, tips, trend, tricks, women
TAG US: #ACHETEURELITE
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for daily updates and fashion tips. Need a look for an upcoming event, send us a direct message or email and we are happy to help!
Tagged #acheteurinspired, acheteurelite, beauty, facebook, fashion, instagram, jamaica, kids, kingston, love, menwear, model, montegobay, ochorios, passion, style, tips, trends, twitter, womensfashion, youth
Isn’t he just completely dapper?! I love when parents dress their children well
Like Father Like Son!
Tagged #acheteurinspired, acheteurelite, children, dreesyourkids, dresswell, fashion, father, jamaica, kids, kidsfashion, love, microfashion, model, montegobay, passion, personalshopper, son, suits, throwback, thursday
Need an outfit for the weekend? We have all the dresses below but in limited quantities. Going to Supernova? Special discount for ticket holders available. Let us know what you need asap and we’ll get it to you. xoxo! … Continue reading →
It can! Contact us for any of the items we post in stock and add #acheteurelite to your collection today! #dresswell #livewell
Start the new year off looking and feeling your best. A classy piece that can be worn to the office or an evening of cocktails. Midi skirts available on request in all sizes. Contact us for available colors and pricing. Get yours today!